Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bible Survival Quiz 2

Quiz Two

Shalom. Surely you remember me. After all, an entire book of the Bible bears my name. As you know from my story, survival can be tough, especially when you're faced with the unexpected.
If you can answer ten or more of the following questions, I will reward you with a slave that will keep you physically healthy while you're here. If only I'd had a salve for those awful boils!
Whether or not you spend your life in spiritual health depends on you---and your relationship with God. But more about that later. Let the second challenge begin!

My name is:





1. When Job was tested, how many sons and daughters did he have?



2. True or False: Job was so concerned about sin that he made sacrifices to the Lord on behalf of his sons, lest they had unintentionally sinned.


3. Why did Satan say that Job had been faithful to God?



4. Where had Satan been before he approached God?



5. The oxen and donkeys and all but one servant tending them were slaughtered by:
a. Egyptians
b. Assyrians
c. Chaldeans
d. Sabeans


6. The sheep and all but one of the servants tending them were destroyed by:
a. a pck of wolves
b. fire falling from heaven
c. Chaldeans
d. a flood


7. The camels and all but one servent were killed by whom?


8. Job's children were killed by:
a. Assyrians
b. fire
c. wind
d. hail



9. True or False: Job's children were still small when they were mortally wounded.



10. True or False: Job shaved his head when he found out about his losses.



11. Job said,"_______ came I out of my mother's womb, and _______ shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."



12. When Satan placed boils on him, Job scratched them with:
a. broken pottery
b. his fingernails
c. the dull edge of a knife
d. the tip of a stick



13. How many friends arrived to comfort Job?



14. What were their names?



15. True or False: Job's friends didn't speak to him for seven days and seven nights.





So how did you fare on my quiz? If you were unable to answer three or more questions, I suggest you go back and review my story. If you missed only one or two questions, congratulations! You earned the slave.
I, too, passed the most important test of my life after God agreed to let Satan tempt me.
Though it wasn't easy, my perseverance was worth it all. After I suffered, God awarded me with even more property. He blessed me with children who were more beautiful than any others around. I lived to be a very old man.
Have you ever wanted to blame God for your trials? If so, study my book of the Bible. It is my hope you will gather strength from my story. Remember that everyone is tempted. With God's help, temptation can be overcome.


Behold! Beyond the patch of palm trees to the east, another man of the Bible awaits. I bid you farewell.

Remember:
Do not be discouraged in times of trial.

Blessed are
they which are persecuted
for the righteousness' sake:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10

0 comments: